The Food Centre is an innovative and team oriented organization. We provide technical support to agri-food business owners who want to take advantage of growth opportunities in the Canadian food processing sector. We are an industry leader in providing services to advance Saskatchewan's food industry and giving companies a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
To work at the Food Centre, you must be willing to work in an evironment that is challenging, team oriented, and results oriented. We seek individuals with a diverse background and skills in the food industry.
The Food Centre offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits package to qualified candidates.
The Saskatchewan Food Industry Development Centre is seeking to hire a full-time Extrusion Operator for our co-manufacturing operations. The Extrusion Operator is responsible for material handling, clean-up and control of machinery to manufacture puffed snack and other food products. Responsible for production, quality and food safety on the line.
The Extrusion Operator Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up, tear down and cleaning of the processing line
- Operate mixer, extruder, dryer (training will be provided)
- Monitor product for quality issues
- Communicate with supervisor
All position duties:
- Be safety conscious
- Observe HACCP and other food safety requirements
- Clean and sanitize machines and work areas
- Assist line leader with start-up and shut down
- Employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Employee is exposed to high noise environments at times
- Employee may need to lift up to 10 lbs regularly and up to 50 lbs occasionally
- Experience 2-5 years in a sanitation role
- Excellent people skills
- Well versed in OH&S
- WHMIS 2015
- Scissor Lift certified
- PME Certified (preferred)
Saskatchewan's state-of-the-art centre of excellence in food processing is hiring Part Time/Casual Processing Personnel food production workers to staff its new facility in Saskatoon. Shifts vary starting as early as 6 a.m. to finishing as late as 5 p.m. with competitive wages for entry level food production workers.