The Food Centre is an innovative and team oriented organization. We are strategicially positioned to deliver services to advance Saskatchewan's food industry and provide companies with a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
We are an industry leader in the food industry. To work at the Food Centre, you must be willing to work in an evironment that is challenging, team oriented, and results oriented. We seek individuals with a diverse background and skills in the food industry.
The Food Centre offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits package to qualified candidates.
The Food Centre currently has the following job openings:
Client Business Advisor
The Saskatchewan Food Industry Development Centre (Food Centre) is seeking to hire a Client Business Advisor with excellent business development skills and knowledge. The Food Centre is a dynamic, proactive agency that provides technical support to business owners who want to take advantage of growth opportunities in the Canadian food processing sector. Food industry entrepreneurs work with the Food Centre to take their food processing ideas from the concept stage to the commercial market place. Specialized technical expertise is provided by highly-qualified personnel at the Food Centre.
Beyond the technical requirements of food production, many of the Food Centre’s clients require professional advice and support to address business development issues. A Client Business Advisor is required to work with individual entrepreneurs and progressive companies to assist in addressing a wide variety of business development needs. In addition, the Food Centre, with support from the Western Economic Diversification Women’s Entrepreneurship Strategy (WES), is launching a program that is specifically targeted at the business development needs of women involved in the food processing sector. The Food Centre’s Client Business Advisor will have the responsibility for managing a WES initiative. The initiative will include business skills training, mentoring, networking, and overall business development coaching. The Food Centre’s Client Business Advisor will divide his/her time between the implementation of the WES Initiative and in serving the Food Centre’s broad-base of food processor clients.
The Saskatchewan Food Centre Client Advisor will have the following skills and abilities:
• A good knowledge of business start-up and expansion requirements; including business plan development, marketing research, commercial marketing, (domestic and export), determining financial requirements, human resource management and other relevant topics to the successful operation of a business in the food industry.
• A basic knowledge of the food processing sector and/or an interest in learning about relevant topics such as: Food Safety; Product Labelling; Market Access; Export Marketing; etc. • Excellent project management and organizational skills. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• An eager willingness to fill the role of a ‘pathfinder’ to find appropriate and innovative solutions to the business development problems of Food Centre Clients, (both inside and outside of the WES initiative).
• An ability to travel inter-provincially to complete various work assignments (Alberta and Manitoba).
• At least five years of demonstrated practical business experience.
Part-time Food Processing Technician - (Location 2335 Schuyler Street)
Food production workers required to staff its new facility in Saskatoon. Shifts vary starting as early as 6 a.m. and finishing as late as 5 p.m with competitive wages for entry level food production workers. Benefits package available for part-time and full-time employees.
Production Assistant - (Location 2335 Schuyler Street)
We are seeking a Production Assistant to work in a multi-faceted food production facility. The primary job will be to supervise start up and the manufacturing of multiple products in extrusion. You will be required to supervise employees to ensure security, safety, food specs, quality assurance of products, sanitation, HACCP and CFIA regulations are followed. You will also be responsible to ensure labor and cost controls as per company specifications.
This job position requires the following qualities:
- Experienced leader in Food Safety, HACCP and GMP
- Mastering work flow that involves specialized state of the art equipment
- Managing and improving productivity
- Excellent communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude and manufacturing knowledge
- A high sense of integrity and the ability to act with urgency
- Prepare management reports (ex. attendance, HACCP and labor) as required.
- Manage daily manpower planning including assignment of responsibilities and duties.
- A willingness to adapt to changing processes and products
- Support a team environment